Workers including the Kasambahay and Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who have been involuntarily separated from work may secure the DOLE’s Certification as proof of unemployment, a requirement by the Social Security System (SSS) for the availment of the grant of unemployment insurance or involuntary separation benefit.
To be involuntarily separated would mean that separation are due to the following, such as: (1) Installation of labor-saving devices; (2) Redundancy; (3) Retrenchment or downsizing; (4) Closure or cessation of operation; or (5) Disease/Illness of the employee whose continued employment is prohibited by law or is prejudicial to his or his co – employees’ health.
Requirements for application are as follows:
(1) Any Government Valid ID (Original and Photocopy);
(2) Copy of the Notice of Termination stating the reason (Original and Photocopy);
(3) In the absence of the Notice of Termination, a duly notarized Affidavit of Termination of Employment (Template is provided by DOLE).
However, due to the situation confronting us these days, we recommend that applications be submitted online. Applicants may send their applications with attached requirements to the following:
- a)Abra: email@example.com
- b)Apayao: firstname.lastname@example.org
- c)Baguio-Benguet: email@example.com
- d)Ifugao: firstname.lastname@example.org
- e)Kalinga: email@example.com
- f) Province: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clients must have a valid e-mail account where the certificate will be emailed.
Approved for release:
EXEQUIEL RONIE A. GUZMAN, CESO IV